Monday, May 07, 2007

Such great heights


I have to give a presentation tomorrow!!! and yeah, haven't finished... anyway, whilst overflying Manchester (coming back from celebrating bf's bthday at Prague) just because some nutter thought it was funny to say that there was a bomb (or at least that's what they told me), I thought about the song named after my blog entry (or the other way around... doesn't matter). It is a great song which I remembered from a tv add, I actually knew it before but didn't know that I liked it... anyway, I was overflying Mcr... and in such great heights I remembered I used to be really angry with many of my friends because they kind of disappointed me many times (many many many), but then I realised that I probably disappointed them also, and by letting myself be "in such great heights" of let's say... disappointment I didn't give myself the opportunity to live my life because I was really angry with them.

I don't know if this makes sense or not and I have actually forgotten most of my written (spoken, heard...)English language, but anyway, I'm not angry at my friends anymore or at least now I realise they didn't want to hurt me, they just didn't care about the stupid little details I care about... as much as I probably don't care about their really important small details. So there you go, I love them very much again and I am trying not to rely on their caring too much, I just accept them.

Oh, and I also realised how nice is to look at Mcr at night from such great heights... it's just like watching the plane approach to the immense lake of lights in Mexico city (by the way chilangolandia rules and f**ck them all who think the opposite and haven't visited it yet), but with much less lights.


I realise this entry would be better if discussed with my psychologist (which I don't have and don't plan to get one) but I guess it could be useful for you my only two faithful readers... and it might redeem me from my previous entry (for which i'm not at the very least sorry).


Anyway, enjoy a nice view of Prague

3 comments:

ngo said...

I love that song i discovered it when i watch "Garden State" and later on rediscovered while leaving with my lovely, cool and nerdy British flatmate.

I now the feeling you are talking about. Sometimes we expect so much from the people we care about that we forget that they are common people trying to sort out their own life. So when they act not accordingly to what we expect from them we just freak out at them. However, when we screw things up we expect them to understand.

I've learned that the hard way, but I fix things just by letting them know i'll be there if they need me.

Caleb Rascon said...

vaya, que conocimiento musical tan profundo teneis las dos... muy pocas personas conocen ese grupo

el video tambien esta agradable

"Come down now," they'll say
But everything looks perfect from far away
"Come down now," but we'll stay . . .

Anonymous said...

Well said.